- This event has passed.
Shedding Light on the Darkness of Sexual Abuse
November 11, 2017 @ 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Campus: Journey Church
A Rapha Workshop
An estimated one in six children experience some form of sexual abuse before the age of sixteen, and although childhood sexual abuse continues to hit the headlines, what we’re made aware of is just the tip of the iceberg. Many others have experienced this tragic abuse as adults, both inside and outside of relationships. Due to the complex nature of sexual abuse people often get stuck in the trauma and struggle finding freedom from it’s effects.
At another level all of us are continually being exposed to and influenced by the abuse of sexuality through various forms of media. It is a much bigger problem than we often realize. We are profoundly impacted in our thinking, views and actions, at numerous intentional and subliminal levels.
This workshop seeks to broaden our understanding of this deeply damaging and traumatic area through:
- Growing a deeper understanding of how God can bring healing to victims of sexual abuse
- Carrying a greater awareness of the extent of this damage in our 21st century society
- Knowing how to press into greater healing if you have been a victim of sexual abuse
- Being able to pray and support others in a more informed way
This workshop is for you if you:
- Have experienced sexual abuse directly and would like tools to help identify the layers of damage and how to let God meet you in your pain.
- Know someone who has experienced abuse and want tools to help you feel better able to offer them support.
- Are in a position of responsibility and want to be equipped to carry hope for those who feel lost in their damage.
- Want to know how to respond to the consistent assault of sexuality in the world around us